Ready to immerse yourself in a new experiential learning offering while making meaningful connections with UB students? Submit a proposal to be an ELN Faculty Fellow! The goal of the ELN Faculty Fellow program is to enhance the UB undergraduate experience through high-impact experiential learning.
Proposed projects may include but are not limited to research, course enhancement, creation of new courses, adding a COIL component to an existing course, service-learning, creation of a new short-term study abroad opportunity or engaging in another type of project-based venture with undergraduate students.
The one-year, renewable term comes with the following benefits and compensation:
- $5,000 plus possible travel funds and priority access to undergraduate course infusion funding
- The support of ELN staff and leadership with all aspects of course development and implementation
- A collaborative group of colleagues to offer ideas and support
The role of faculty fellow comes with the following expectations:
- Incubate or strengthen credit-based experiential learning offerings with support of the ELN team.
- Join our ELN Mentor Network and host one Un-Office hour per week.
- Engage in a total of two experiential learning programs with a freshman living learning community (one in the fall and one in the spring). Programs will be in collaboration with ELN Staff and Campus Living Paraprofessionals.
- Be available and willing to mentor undergraduate students ad hoc, by referral from ELN staff.
We are seeking a diverse array of ideas and proposals, so go ahead and think BIG! If you would like to discuss your idea before submitting, please contact Mara Huber or Christina Heath.
Proposals may be submitted via the online form below through April 1, 2018.