Ready to immerse yourself in a new experiential learning offering while making meaningful connections with UB students? Submit a proposal to be an ELN Faculty Fellow! The goal of the ELN Faculty Fellow program is to enhance the UB undergraduate experience through innovative high-impact experiential learning.
Proposed projects may include but are not limited to research, course enhancement or development, COIL, short-term study abroad or project-based learning involving undergraduate students.
The one-year, renewable term comes with the following benefits:
- $5,000 in funding to support the development and facilitation of your proposed project
- Funds will be transferred to your departmental account and may be used to support all aspects of your project including travel
- The support of ELN staff and leadership with all aspects of course development and implementation
- A collaborative group of colleagues to offer ideas and support
- Additional programmatic support may be available through consultation with the ELN team
The role of faculty fellow comes with the following expectations:
- Incubate or strengthen credit-based experiential learning offerings with support of the ELN team
- Join our ELN Mentor Network and host 1 Un-Office Hour in 17 Norton Hall per week; be available and willing to mentor undergraduate students ad hoc, by referral from ELN staff
- Engage with living learning community students upon request
- Actively participate in ELN Faculty Fellow meetings and provide a narrative end of year report on your proposed project
We are seeking a diverse array of ideas and proposals, so go ahead and think BIG! If you would like to discuss your idea before submitting, please contact Mara Huber or Christina Heath.
Proposals for 2019-2020 academic year may be submitted via the online form below through April 1, 2019.