Advocacy & Activism
Seeking solutions, providing support
Our faculty members offer their expertise, partnership, and support in community, legal, political, environmental, and health issues to work toward positive change.
= green resource
= summer learning opportunity
- Addiction Science Network
- ADHD Treatment Programs
The Center for Children and Families offers a summer treatment program for children with ADHD and related problems that incorporates a set of evidence-based treatments into a therapeutic summer day camp. Parents take an active role in their children's treatment by participating in weekly parent training sessions, where they develop the skills needed to change their child's behavior in the home environment and to foster generalization of the child's therapeutic gains. The program has a proven track record of effective treatment for more than 2,500 children and families.
- Affordable Housing Clinic
- Baldy Center for Law & Social Policy
- Campus Ministeries
- Center for Children and Families
- Center for Clinical Ethics and Humanities in Health Care
- Center for Computational Research (CCR)
High-performance computing and visualization resources.
- Center for GeoHazards Studies
The Center seeks to decrease harmful societal effects of natural phenomena such as volcanic eruptions, landslides, mudflows, and avalanches through research, service, and education.
- Center for Integrated Waste Management (CIWM)
Research assistance for businesses, public agencies and nonprofit organizations with environmental challenges.
- Center for Urban Studies
- Center for Virtual Architecture
- Community Dentistry
- Community Economic Development Clinic
Partners with non-profit corporations to improve child care policy and help low-income families build assets.
- Community Linked Interdisciplinary Research
- Community Quick Reports
- Employee Assistance Program
- Environment and Development Clinic
- Environmental Policy Clinic
- Environmental Law Concentration
- Gerard Place DREAM Program
- Great Lakes Program
- Inclusive Design & Environmental Access (IDEA) Center
- Interdisciplinary Degree Program Internships
- It's In Your Reach Campaign
- Law and Social Work Clinic
Engineering research expertise to protect critical infrastructure against earthquakes and other hazards.
- Mediation Clinic
- National Center for Geographic Information & Analysis (NCGIA)
Research in the areas of transportation infrastructure, and land development.
- Protect New York
- Psychology of Terrorism
- Regional Institute
Promotes initiatives, that strengthen the Buffalo-Niagara Region, through research, information technology, civic engagement and project leadership.
- Regional Knowledge Network
Data, maps and resources for nine economic and demographic categories for the Buffalo-Niagara Region.
- Support SUNY
- Toxicology Research Center (TRC)
- UB Climate Action Initiative
- UB Energy Conservation Programs
- UB Environmental Task Force (UB constituents only)
- UB Green
- UB Green Climate Action Report
- UB Green Partners Program
- UB Recycling Programs
- Uncrowned Queens & Kings
- Urban Design Project
Project initiatives to increase the role of urban design in improving communities.
- William and Mary Foster Elder Law Clinic
- Women, Children, and Social Justice Clinic