Whether you want to connect with UB’s vast R&D assets
or the materials scientists who are making the next great
breakthroughs in technology, the CMI is eager to work with
Our team helps researchers, entrepreneurs and employers reach
their business objectives and create roadmaps for continued
success, ensuring our industry partners benefit from their
relationship with UB.
Scientists at the CMI and our partner organizations are
responsible for key discoveries and innovations that
- Boron Vacancy Defect in Cubic Boron Nitride
- Computational Analysis of Enhanced Magnetic Bioseparation in
- Harvard Clean Energy Project
- Photodynamic Therapy by in Situ Nonlinear Photon Coversion
- Copolymer Surfactants as Shape-Tunable Building Blocks
- Flame-driven Aerosol Synthesis
- Lithography-free Metasurface with Spectrally Tunable Super
- Non-invasive Multimodal Functional Intestine Imaging with
Frozen Micellar Naphthalocyanines
- Usage of BCI Headset for 3D CAD Modeling
Our partners have access to world-class equipment,
and other resources that support research and development.
The CMI is an economic development leader in Buffalo Niagara.
The business development and collaboration efforts within the
advanced manufacturing, life sciences and clean tech industry are
advancing with over 120 companies from within the regional
manufacturing base as well as over 11 academic institutions, 21
regional and national organizations, and six government agencies
and national labs.