Operate your business 100% tax-free for 10 years. This
groundbreaking initiative gives companies the opportunity to
operate state and local tax-free on (or near) a UB campus.
If you qualify, your employees will also pay no state personal
income taxes. At UB’s New York State Center of Excellence in
Bioinformatics & Life Sciences (CBLS), we can help you navigate
START-UP NY benefits.
New York State Governor Andrew M. Cuomo established START-UP NY
(which stands for SUNY Tax-free Areas to Revitalize and Transform
Upstate NY) as a way to transform communities across New York
You may qualify for START-UP NY if your business:
- Is a new company in New York State
- Is a company from out of state that is relocating to New York
- Already has employees in New York State, and is expanding in
- Will create new jobs in the first year
- Will bring positive economic benefits to the community
- Is aligned with the academic mission of UB
The START-UP NY program through UB allows companies to align
their businesses with university resources and facilities, access
to UB stuidents, faculty and alumni, connect with a vast support
network and more.