Jeanette joined the Center for Computational Research in 2012. She holds a Bachelor of Science in Chemistry from the University of Chicago, a Master of Science in Chemistry from the University of Colorado, and a Master of Science in Computer Science from the University at Buffalo.
Jeanette supports a number of software engineering and web application projects at CCR, including:
- The VIDIA platform supports the analysis of large datasets for social sciences coursework. Using the VIDIA platform, collaborator SUNY Oneonta has integrated text analytics into their undergraduate Sociology, Political Science, and Philosophy curricula.
- XDMoD is a comprehensive auditing framework used by XSEDE high performance computing centers to provide metrics regarding resource utilization, resource performance, application performance, quality of service, and impact on scholarship and research.
- The AAHSL Portal is a web-based portal for the collection, analysis, and presentation of electronic data collected via a survey of United States and Canadian academic health sciences libraries.
- The HPC-NY portal is a partnership between NYSERNet, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Stony Brook University/Brookhaven National Laboratory, and the University at Buffalo.
- The VHub portal supports collaboration in volcanology research and risk mitigation. VHub enables sharing and development of tools to model volcanic processes and analyze data, and to communicate with the volcanology community.
From 2013 on, Jeanette has been the primary instructor for the Eric Pitman Annual Summer Workshop in Computational Science, hosted at CCR.
Gallo SM, White JP, DeLeon RL, Furlani TR, Patra AK, Jones MD, Palmer JT, Simakov N, Sperhac JM, Innus M, Yearke T, Rathsam R, "Analysis of XDMoD/SUPReMM Data Using Machine Learning Techniques", submitted to 2nd Workshop on Monitoring and Analysis for High Performance Computing Systems Plus Applications (HPCMASPA), 2015.
Palmer JT, Gallo SM, Furlani TR, Jones MD, DeLeon RL, White JP, Simakov N, Patra AK, Sperhac JM, Yearke T, Rathsam R, Innus M, Cornelius CD, Browne JC, Barth WL, Evans RT, “Open XDMoD: A Tool for the Comprehensive Management of High Performance Computing Resources”, Computing in Science and Engineering (2015).
Wilkerson W, Sperhac JM, McLennan M, Greenberg J, “A Collaborative Environment for Text Analytics in the Social Sciences.” EDUCAUSE, Indianapolis, IN, 27-30 October 2015, submitted.
Sperhac JM, “Virtual Infrastructure for Data Intensive Analysis: An Update.” HUBbub 2015, The HUBzero Conference, Indianapolis, IN, 14-15 September 2015, submitted.
Sperhac JM, Greenberg J, “VIDIA – A Virtual Infrastructure for Data Intensive Analysis”, SUNY Conference on Instructional Technologies, Geneseo, NY, May 2015.
Greenberg J, Sperhac JM, “Teaching Big Data analysis in the Social Sciences using a HUBzero-based platform.” SUNY Wizard, Syracuse, NY, 18-20 November 2014.
Greenberg J, Sperhac JM, “Introducing VIDIA.” SUNY Brockport, Brockport, NY, 28 October 2014.
Greenberg J, Sperhac JM, “Teaching Big Data analysis in the Social Sciences using a HUBzero-based platform.” HUBbub 2014, The HUBzero Conference, Indianapolis, IN, 29 September 2014.
Lowe B, Gallo SM, Sperhac JM, Greenberg J, “Open SUNY Research and Innovation: Providing Undergraduates with a Virtual Infrastructure for Data Intensive Analysis”, SUNY Research Foundation Learning Tuesdays Series, 17 June 2014.
Lowe B, Gallo SM, Sperhac JM, Greenberg J, “Providing Undergraduates with a Virtual Infrastructure for Data Intensive Analysis”, SUNY Conference on Instructional Technologies, Ithaca, NY, 30 May 2014.
Sperhac JM, Panelist, SUNY Buffalo Sit With Me celebration, Buffalo, NY, 4 March 2014.
Greenberg JB, Sperhac JM, “HPC Collaboration Between UB and SUNY Oneonta”, SUNY Wizards, Syracuse, NY, 21 November 2013.
Sperhac JM, Gallo SM, Pitman EB, Furlani TR, Mraz CR, Steffan S, “Leveraging HUBzero to Enable STEM Education for High School Students.” HUBbub 2013, The HUBzero Conference, Indianapolis, IN, 5 September 2013.