Media effects and persuasion; Computational social science; Health and science communication; Political communication
333 Baldy Hall
Buffalo NY, 14260
Phone: (716) 645-1158
. Ophir, Y. (2019). The Effects of New Coverage of Epidemics on Public Support and Compliance with the CDC- An Experimental Study. Journal of Health Communication. doi: 10.1080/10810730.2019.1632990
· Sangalang, A., Ophir, Y., & Cappella, J. N. (2019). The potential for narratives to correct misinformation. Journal of Communication.
· Ophir, Y., & Jamieson, K. H. (2018). The Effects of Zika Virus Risk Coverage on Familiarity, Knowledge and Behavior in the U.S. Health Communication, 10.1080/10410236.2018.1536958.
· Ophir, Y. (2018). The Pandemic, the Scientific, and the Social: The Coverage of Epidemics in American Newspapers through the Lens of the Crisis and Emergency Risk Communication Framework.Health Security, 16(3), 147-157.
· Ophir, Y., & Jamieson, K. H. (2018). Intentions to Use a Novel Zika Vaccine: The Effects of Misbeliefs about the MMR Vaccine and Perceptions about Zika. Journal of Public Health. First published online March 2018
· Brennan, E., Maloney, E. K., Ophir, Y., & Cappella, J. N. (2018). Designing Effective Testimonial Pictorial Warning Labels for Tobacco Products. Health Communication. First published online on July 9th, 2018
· Ophir, Y. (2018). O’Hair (Ed.). Risk and Health Communication in an Evolving Media Environment. European Journal of Communication
· Ophir, Y., Brennan, E., Maloney, E. K., & Cappella, J. N. (2017). The Effects of Graphic Warning Labels’ Vividness on Message Engagement and Intentions to Quit Smoking. Communication Research, First published online on April s2nd 2017
· Cappella, J. N., Ophir, Y., & Sutton, J. (2017). The measurement of the public’s knowledge as the basis for assessing misinformation: Application to tobacco products. In Southwell, B. G., Thorson, E. A., Sheble, L. (Eds.). Misinformation and mass audiences. University of Texas Press.
· Brennan, E., Maloney, E. K., & Ophir, Y., & Cappella, J. N. (2016). Potential effectiveness of pictorial warning labels that feature images and personal details of real people. Nicotine & Tobacco Research, ntw319
· Cappella, J. N., Maloney, E. K., Ophir, Y., Brennan, E. (2015). Interventions to correct misinformation about tobacco products. Tobacco regulatory science, 1(2), 186-197.
· Ophir, Y. & Weimann, G. (2012). From terrorist to Persona: Para-Social Interaction and the ETA website. Perspectives on terrorism, 6(1)
Note: All incoming Freshmen and Transfer Students should contact the College of Arts and Sciences for advisement. They can be reached at 275 Park Hall, (716) 645-6883