University at Buffalo - The State University of New York
Skip to Content

Campus & Part-Time Jobs

Want to work on campus? Possible.

Types of Positions

Student Assistant

Open to any eligible student and funding comes from the department.

Major on-campus departments that employ Student Assistants:

Work Study

For U.S. citizens and permanent residents only. Students must receive financial aid indicating work study eligibility to be considered for these positions.

Are you eligible? Start here

Graduate/Research/Teaching Assistantships

Typically reserved for graduate/doctoral students and may or may not relate to the area of study. These positions are limited in number and are very competitive. Start looking for positions by following the instructions below.

How-to Find Part-Time and On Campus Jobs

Steps to Find Part-Time and On Campus Jobs On Bullseye powered by Handshake

  1. Login to Bullseye powered by Handshake
  2. Click on "Jobs" on the right hands side column.
  3. For on-campus jobs, use the filters under "Job Type" to search for "On Campus Student Employment"
  4. For off-campus jobs, use the filters to search for “Part Time” under "Employment Type".
  5. For additional departments on campus, identify places that interest you and approach them directly.
  6. Attend the On Campus Job Fair.
  7. Talk to friends who have jobs and ask how they found their positions.

For International Students:

When conducting your job search, ignore jobs labeled "Work Study". These positions are a form of U.S. government financial aid, and are available only to U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents. International students are NOT eligible for Work Study jobs. International students are also not permitted to work off campus without special work authorization from ISSS and USCIS.