Teaching & Learning Center Workshop
Staying Motivated Throughout the Semester: Techniques to Help You Stay Motivated to Teach
Increasing motivation can have a positive impact on the quality of your teaching and on your course as a whole. In this workshop, two instructional designers share their experience of participating in the Sloan-C workshop Exemplary Institutions: Addressing Faculty Motivation. We will discuss reasons for loss of motivation and strategies to increase motivation so that you can develop a plan to get motivated and stay engaged throughout the academic year.
- Participants will be able to identify common motivators and de-motivators that affect faculty.
- Participants will be able to identify at least two motivational strategies that work for them.
- Participants will be able to develop a plan to motivate them throughout the academic year.
- Jeremiah Grabowski, Online Programs Coordinator, School of Public Health & Health Professions
- Anne Reed, Instructional Designer, Graduate School of Education