Campus Mail Services is responsible for the efficient flow of
university mail. All campus (interdepartmental) and incoming and
outgoing United States mail processed by Campus Mail Services must
relate to the business of the university.
University at Buffalo (UB, university) Campus Mail Services
provides the UB community with reliable and professional service
for the receipt, processing, and distribution of United States
(U.S.) and campus (inter-departmental) mail related to official
university business. Campus Mail Services complies with United
States Postal Service (USPS) regulations and university, local,
state, and federal policies relating to mail service.
Campus Mail Services:
- is intended for university business only
- must be used for the processing of all metered mail
- reserves the right to refuse, return to sender, or discard any
mail or package that is not intended as university
Campus Mail Services cannot be used by individuals, departments,
or agencies for:
- non-university business use – faculty and staff should
make arrangements to receive personal correspondence at their
- sales activity
- partisan political activity
- lobbying activities.
Stamped U.S. mail placed in U.S. mail boxes located on campus
will be taken to the U.S. Post Office for delivery.
This policy applies to all campus and incoming and outgoing U.S.
mail processed by Campus Mail Services.
Campus (inter-departmental) Mail
routed for delivery from one campus location to another campus
- Bulk/Permit 311 Mail has two different rate structures:
First Class and Nonprofit Rate.
- Nonprofit Rate mail may be the best mailing choice if there are
a large number of envelopes to mail.
- Nonprofit Rate mail has no guaranteed delivery date.
- All Bulk/Permit 311 Mail must meet the following criteria:
o at least 200 pieces of
o pieces weigh less than
16 ounces and are identical
o all mail pieces are
sent at the same time
o be sent through Campus
o have a University at
Buffalo return address
o contain university
o may not be part of a
joint venture with an outside company
o mailing lists must be
updated three months prior to mailing to comply with USPS
Campus Mail Center
1 Campus Mail Center
Buffalo, NY 14260-0001