UB SWAP is a resource designed to efficiently and effectively
aid departments in redistributing equipment and supplies throughout
Any UB employee can advertise the availability of UB-owned equipment and supplies on UB SWAP for other UB staff or faculty to obtain for work-related purposes. All exchanges of a particular item(s) are between the two parties involved.
For the best experience using this application, use a non-mobile device.
1. Log on using your UBITName and password.
2. To search for an item, click on the View All Listings link. Search for an item using the Categories pull-down menu.
3. To see current items you have listed, click on My Listings.
4. To add a listing, click on the Add a Listing link. Enter the required information into the following fields:
5. To obtain or purchase a listing:
6. To arrange for the transfer of a listing: Once a party declares interest in obtaining your item, it is up to them to determine whether they will pick up the item themselves or will arrange with University Facilities, Customer Service to pick up and deliver. For items recorded in the SUNY Real Asset Management (RAM) System, be sure to have the department obtaining the item sign a receipt. Keep the receipt with your inventory data.
Items not transferred or sold continue to be the responsibility of the listing party. If no one is interested in the listed items, the listing party should then follow the Equipment Disposal procedures.
The following asset was transferred by department Inventory
account number ___________
to the Department of ______________, Inventory account number ___________.
Asset # ___________________
Serial # ___________________
Name and Phone # of Person transferring ___________________________________
Name and Phone # of Person receiving ______________________________________
If no one is interested in your listed item(s), follow the guidelines for Equipment Disposal.
To request a new category or subcategory, please send an email to Inventory Services Manager, Nicole Mayer.
UB SWAP is available to UB personnel only and is not intended for student use. The items obtained are for work-related purposes and not intended for personal use.