A standing order facilitates your order process by:
- Reducing processing costs, because only one eReq is required
for each supplier.
- Quickening the ordering process, because you place your order
directly with the supplier.
- Providing immediate notification of the availability of your
item, if you ordered through an online account.
1. Create an eReq for the specific supplier. Be sure to encumber
it with a Not to Exceed dollar amount.
- When ordering items on state contract, there is no dollar
limit. Check to see if your supplier is on state
- Orders with a non-contract supplier are limited to
- Any outstanding encumbered funds will be liquidated at the end
of the fiscal year or when the grant ends. 2. Specify the start and
end date of your order.
2. Specify the start and end date of your order.
- State funds date range can be up to one year within the fiscal
year, July 1— June 30.
- Research Foundation (RF) funds date range can be up to a
one-year period. The end date should be in accordance with
your grant-ending date.
- UB Foundation (UBF) funds date range should be for no more than
12 consecutive months.
3. Limit the PO to one account number when possible due to
business system limitations.
- If multiple accounts are necessary, indicate the exact dollar
amount to charge to each account.
- One PO can have multiple authorized users.