For access to processing credit cards through UBF Checkout, you
will need to complete the UBF Checkout Setup Form.
The following information is required for the UBF Checkout Setup
- Email address
- UB Foundation account that will receive credit card
- Service type (merchandise, registration, etc.)
- University at Buffalo UBITName
Once your UBF Checkout account is established with UB
Foundation, you may process credit cards. The purchaser’s
credit card is charged immediately. The funds will automatically be
credited to a UBF account. Please note the charge transaction is in
the name of UBF Activities Online on a card holder’s credit
- Site Code (this is a default setting). Some departments work
with various department codes and will need to select the
- Select the UB Foundation account that you want to receive
- Select the Service Type for the transaction
- Deposit Number for transaction (optional)
- Enter Card Holder’s First Name*
- Enter Card Holder’s Last Name*
- Enter the billing address information.* This is required if
your transaction includes New York State sales tax. New York State
sales tax is a destination tax, therefore, the tax is calculated on
the billing address. If you do not have the credit card address and
the payment is not subject to New York State sales tax, enter your
- If registrant requires email receipt (optional)
- Enter Description of Charge (reunion admission, workshop fee,
- Enter Amount of Charge*
- Enter any comments relating to the transaction (optional)
- Proceed to Credit Card Payment Form
*This is the registrant’s information. If the registrant
is the same as the card holder, all of this information will
pre-populate on the next screen. If the registrant is not, the card
holder's information can be completed on the next screen.
If your card is not processed, an error is displayed at the top
of the screen. If your card is approved, “this transaction
has been approved” is displayed on the screen.
To process another transaction, click on Process Another
If you are finished, exit.
Black out all but the last four digits of the card number after
processing. In compliance with credit card company regulations, you
must retain your credit card information in a secured location for
a minimum of 18 months from the date the transaction is processed.
After which time it can be shredded.
Contact Leslie Schug at UBF to void a same day transaction or
refund a previously processed payment. Please provide your
confirmation receipt information. Include the transaction date,
customer name, invoice number, refund amount and a brief reason for
the refund. Typically, an online refund is processed the same day
and debits the UBF account on the following day. However, the
actual refund takes 5-10 business days to credit the card
holder’s account (card holders can contact the bank that
handles their account).
An email confirmation will automatically be sent to the
individual processing the credit card. For a report
of transactions processed, login to UBFirst. Be sure to use your
correct UBITName. Only transactions processed by the user will be