Food Service Permit Application

All campus events where food is served or sold must be reviewed  by Environment, Health and Safety (EH&S) and may require a Temporary Food Permit.

Answer the questions below to determine if you need a Temporary Food Permit for your event:


  • Reserve your event location with Student Unions
  • Read UB's Food Service Guidelines
  • Complete the Temporary Food Service Permit application form below at least 15 days prior to your event date. This will allow the Erie County Department of Health sufficient time to proecess a food permit for the event:
    • Fill out 1 application for an event with one to three consecutive days in duration. If your event is 4 days, a separate food service permit application must be completed for that 4th day (be advised that Erie County will charge a fee for events longer than 3 consecutive days).
    • Fill out separate applications for non-consecutive days in an event
    • Fill out 1 application for multiple vendors (e.g. restaurants, supermarkets, etc.)

Note: EH&S will not approve a Temporary Food Service Permit application if:

  • The food (with the exception of traditional backed goods) is prepared by members in a non-permitted (home or dorm) kitchen for a public event
  • The food establishment is not in compliance with local health department regulations
  • The food vendor is not recognized by the Erie County Department of Health
  • The permit application is submitted less than 15 days prior to the event
  • The food vendor is not in close proximity to the university (e.g. Rochester,NYC, etc.)

Temporary Food Permit Application Form

Need Help Completing the Form?

EHS avatar.

Environment Health & Safety

Service Building, 220 Winspear Ave.

Phone: 716-829-3301


Form Facts

Form Type: Formstack document

Requirements: None

Updated: 05/23/2019

Owner: Environment, Health & Safety