The Mobile Communication Devices Policy, approved and signed by President Tripathi, is available in the University Policy Library.
This policy requires employees to:
- have a valid business need for essential communication to be eligible for a department-owned mobile communication device or an allowance to offset the cost of a personally-owned device
- be paid the allowance for a personally-owned mobile communication device through the University at Buffalo Foundation payroll process
- review and sign the Mobile Communication Device Agreement which documents eligibility and approval for a department-owned device or an allowance for a personally-owned device; eligibility must be reviewed annually
- safeguard devices and protect data stored on the device; devices used to access regulated private data or protected information must use encryption to protect the data
- preserve all relevant electronically stored information in connection with a legal proceeding or Freedom of Information Law request
This policy applies to all university employees and state, Research Foundation, University at Buffalo Foundation, and Faculty Student Association funds.
Questions can be directed to the Office of the Controller at 716-645-2505 or Ryan Lysarz at 716-645-4573 or email@example.com.