Complete Annual Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Training
Published January 19, 2016
Complete your annual PCI training through UBLearns as required by the PCI Security Standards.
Who Needs to Complete This Training
The payment card industry requires all employees who process or handle payment card data to go through an annual training.
What You Will Learn
- An overview of the payment card industry
- Understanding your role within the university
- Learn what card holder data is
- The PCI regulations and requirements
- How to protect card holder data
Who is Required to Complete the Training
Individuals who are required to complete this training will be contacted directly with instructions to complete the training and the corresponding due dates for the training to be completed.
How To Complete The Training
Complete the training following the instructions below. Completion of the training is measured by the completion of the following:
- Score of 60% or greater on the 2016 PCI assessment quiz
- Completion of the 2016 PCI compliance agreement form
Instructions for Completing the PCI Data Security Course
- Log on to UB Learns at ublearns.buffalo.edu using your UBIT username and password
- Under My Courses: Select the “Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security” course.
- Click to Launch the PCI Course under “1. Launch PCI Course”. A new window should open and the course should begin on its own. The course takes between 20-30 minutes to complete.
- After viewing the video, complete the quiz by clicking on the “2017 PCI Assessment Quiz” link which is the second item on the UBlearns Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security course page.
- In the new window, click “Begin” to take the quiz. When finished click the “Save and Submit” button.
- You will receive the following message “Test submission confirmation: Click Cancel to return to the Test. Click OK to submit assessment” click “OK” to submit the test. You can repeat the assessment multiple times if needed.
- Select “2017 PCI Compliance Agreement Form” which is the third item on the UBlearns Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security course page.
- In the new window, click the “Begin” button. Read the question and Select Yes or No then click the “Save and Submit” button.
- You will receive the following message “Test submission confirmation: Click Cancel to return to the Test. Click OK to submit assessment” click “OK” to submit.
- Print our confirmation page and submit to supervisor as proof of competion.
- You may also take the Information Security course which is referenced in the PCI course by clicking on "Optional:Information Security Course". This is the last item on the UB Learns Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security course page.
- Please remember to LOG OUT of the UBlearns site by clicking on the power button in the upper right hand corner when you are finished and close all UBlearns browser windows.
Interested in Taking the Training
If you are not required to take the training but are interested in taking the course please contact the expert below:
Asset Management and Cost Accounting