Published October 5, 2015
State employees can enroll in a 2017 Flexible Spending Account (FSA) from Monday, October 3, 2016 through midnight, Monday, November 7, 2016.
The Flex Spending Account (FSA) is a voluntary, negotiated benefit for state employees. Flexible spending accounts give you a way to pay for your dependent care or health care expenses with pretax dollars. You decide how much to have taken out of your paycheck and put into your FSA account(s).
The 2017 plan year is January 1, 2017 through December 31, 2017.
All state of New York employees are eligible if they:
GSEU employees are only eligible for the Dependent Care Advantage portion of FSA.
To enroll you will need your name, address, phone number and:
• On your pay advice or check stub
• Log in with your UBITName and password to the SUNY Employee Portal
1. Select Human Resource Services
2. Select View Paycheck
• Your NYS ID is displayed below your name (N and 8 digits)
• Your Negotiating Unit is displayed in Employee Information
• Your department ID is listed under Agency
Enrollment is paperless:
State employees enrolled in the 2016 plan must re-enroll for 2017.
Due to the expiration of the union contracts NYS will not be depositing any money into the accounts this year.