Universal Design Yoga Fall 2015 (10/13 - 11/17)
Every Tuesday, 4:30 - 6 pm
Greiner B Classrooms
View flyer: PDF (188KB)
Students with Dietary Concerns
If you have food allergies, intolerances, Celiac Disease and/or other dietary needs and would like more information on dining accommodations, please contact Lori Bendersky, MS, RD, CDN at Campus Dining & Shops: email@example.com or call 645-6445. For more nutrition information please visit: http://myubcard.com/dining/nutrition##
For other accommodations related to a food allergy or sensitivity, call Accessibility Resources, 645-2608.
Nutrition assessment and counseling for food allergies and other dietary concerns is available with Janice Cochran, MS, RD at Wellness Education Services. For an appointment, call 645-2837 x 0.
Microsoft Accessibility Checker
Did you know that both Microsoft Word and Powerpoint have an Accessibility Checker? Find out the three easy steps to use it below!
Testing Deadline Reminder
Students using the Testing Center must have all quiz, test, and exam appointments for Fall 2015 made by Monday, December 2, 2015.
Note Takers Needed for Students with Disabilities
If your professor makes an announcement that a note taker is needed in one of your courses and you would like to volunteer, please stop by or contact the office to learn more. Student note takers who are eligible receive a stipend of $25 per credit hour at the end of the semester, usually $75. Note takers are required to make copies of their notes to share with a student with a disability. Accessibility Resources coordinates the photocopying and/or scanning of the notes at no cost to the note taker.
Tips to Make UB a More Inclusive Community
- Tip #1 - Planning a meeting or party? Schedule it in a place that is accessible to everyone.
- Tip #2 - Do what you can to make sure ramps, sidewalks and entrances are accessible.
- Tip #3 - Respect the people around you; try to get to know them.
- Tip #4 - If you can't understand what someone is saying, ask them to say it again so you can understand.
- Tip #5 - Respectful attitudes are part of the solution to including people with disabilities.
Sponsored by Wellness Education Services & Accessibility Resources