Gregory Bentley, BS 2000, was named manager of Freed Maxick and Battaglia, a certified public accounting firm. He lives in Amherst, NY.
Shannon Teasley, MS 2001, was appointed assistant director of the American Planning Associationís Houston, TX, section for 2006. Previously, she worked for the city of Houston, where she resides.
Takiyah Nur Amin, BA 2002, is the new Virginia representative for the Miss Black USA scholarship pageant, which aims to promote leadership skills and talents of African American women. She is a dance instructor at Carol Crawford-Smithís Center of Dance and lives in Blacksburg, VA.
* Tammie Lee Demler, PharmD 2002 & BS 1992, has earned the designation of board certified psychiatric pharmacist, the highest credential in the practice of psychiatric pharmacy. She will be among only 11 certified psychiatric specialists in New York State. Demler resides in North Tonawanda, NY.
Jill M. Schaefer, MBA 2002 & BA 2002, was named manager at Lumsden & McCormick, certified public accountants. She is a member of numerous organizations, including Business and Professional Women and New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants. Schaefer lives in Cheektowaga, NY.
Robert Tocker, MA 2002 & BA 2002, has been elected assistant treasurer of Leadership Buffalo. He is a senior analyst for the Buffalo Fiscal Stability Authority and also a part-time economics instructor at Niagara County Community College. Tocker resides in Buffalo, NY.
Joshua Kamp, BA 2003, was promoted to director of advancement services at Utica College. In his new position, he directs development operations, ranging from fund-raising solicitations to stewardship. Kamp lives in Utica, NY.
Patricia R. Knapp, BS 2003, has received her certified public accountant certification for New York State. She is a staff accountant in the audit department at Brock, Schechter & Polakoff and resides in Buffalo, NY.
Jennifer OíConnell, JD 2003, has joined the firm of Bilzin Sumberg as associate in the firmís litigation group. She previously served as assistant executive editor of the Buffalo Law Review and as publications editor for the Environmental Law Review. OíConnell lives in Ft. Lauderdale, FL.
Matt Snyder, BA 2003, has been promoted to media buyer at Crowley Webb and Associates, a marketing communications agency. He joined the agency in 2003 and resides in Buffalo, NY.
* Francisco Vasquez, PhD 2003, was elected to the board of directors of Leadership Buffalo. He is executive vice president of People Inc., and lives in Buffalo, NY.
James Byrne, BA 2004, has been hired as associate producer for MSGNetwork.com at Madison Square Garden in New York, NY. He was previously editorial assistant at Home Town Media and resides in Pleasantville, NY.
Paul T. Schifferle, MS 2004 & BS 1998, has been promoted to technical manager of the Flight Research Group for Calspan Corporation. Previously, he worked as a principal engineer and lives in Lancaster, NY.
Shubhrangshu Sengupta, MS 2004, has been hired at the law firm of Sterne, Kessler, Goldstein & Fox as a technical specialist in its electronics group. He specializes in the areas of optical communication systems and resides in New York, NY.
James Sheppard, BA 2004, was hired at Behavioral Health Services North Inc. as an adventure-based counselor. He lives in Plattsburgh, NY.
Lois J. Baker, MS 2005, was named workshop coordinator for the 2006 annual conference of the American Medical Writers Association (AMWA). She is senior health sciences editor for news services at UB and has been a member of AMWA since 1997. Baker resides in Buffalo, NY.
Matthew R. Coseo, JD 2005, a Hodgson Russ attorney, has been admitted to the New York State Bar. He concentrates his practice in labor, employment and education law, and lives in Clarence, NY.
* Joseph N. Endres, JD 2005 & BA 2000, a Hodgson Russ attorney, has been admitted to the New York State Bar. He concentrates his practice in state and local tax law and resides in Buffalo, NY.
* Michael J. Flanagan, JD 2005, a Hodgson Russ attorney, has been admitted to the New York State Bar. He concentrates his practice in employee benefits law and lives in Williamsville, NY.
Bethany Gilbert, MPH 2005 & JD 2004, a Hodgson Russ attorney, has been admitted to the New York State Bar. She concentrates her practice in corporate securities and health law. Gilbert resides in Springville, NY.
* Tahira Komal, MBA 2005, received the Outstanding HR Student Award from the Buffalo Niagara Human Resources Association. He resides in Grand Island, NY.
* Julie Latawiec, BS 2005, was named associate at Gilman and Ciocia, a tax preparation and financial planning services provider. She lives in Buffalo, NY.
Ryan J. Lucinski, JD 2005 & BA 2002, a Hodgson Russ attorney, has been admitted to the New York State Bar. He concentrates his practice in personal injury and products liability, insurance coverage and employment litigation. Lucinski resides in Clarence Center, NY.
Sarah Matthews, MLS 2005, has been hired as part-time childrenís librarian at Wadsworth Library in Geneseo, NY. Previously, she worked in the Belfast, Allegany County and Henrietta libraries. Matthews lives in Geneseo.
Christopher Raby, MBA 2005, has joined Karpus Investment Management as an investment assistant. He resides in Baldwinsville, NY.
Kristen M. Walder, JD 2005, has joined Chelus, Herdzik, Speyer, Monte & Pajak as associate, where she will handle the firmís litigation files and other general matters. She lives in Kenmore, NY.
Cynthia Carver, BS 2006, has joined Lumsden & McCormick as a staff accountant. She has more than seven years of accounting and bookkeeping experience and resides in Akron, NY.
* An asterisk denotes a member of the UB Alumni Association.
E-mail your classnotes to email@example.com.