Nikki Alieva, BA 2000, has been promoted to senior marketing manager at Ciminelli Development Co. and Ciminelli Real Estate Corp. She has been with the company since 2001, previously as marketing manager, and resides in Depew, NY.
Michael Barone, MBA 2000, has been promoted to vice president for Travers Collins & Company, a leading Western New York marketing communications and public and investor relations agency. In his previous position as senior consultant within the firm’s investor relations group, he worked with investor relations clients in the areas of strategic counsel, writing and project management. Barone lives in Snyder, NY.
Amanda E. Kyle, BS 2000, has joined Lumsden & McCormick LLP, certified public accountants and advisors, as a staff accountant. She will be responsible for providing auditing, accounting and tax services to commercial businesses, nonprofit organizations, governmental entities and individuals. Kyle resides in Williamsville, NY.
* Rafael Alicea-Maldonado, PhD 2001, has been awarded the SUNY Chancellor’s Award for Excellence in Teaching. He is a faculty member at Genesee Community College, where he teaches chemistry. He was also nominated for Who’s Who Among America’s Teachers in 2004 and 2005. Alicea-Maldonado lives in Buffalo, NY.
* Seth Barlam, BA 2001 & BS 2001, has been promoted to audit manager, corporate audit staff at General Electric. Audit staff is General Electric’s top leadership development organization and focuses on controllership, growth and operational excellence. Barlam resides in Phoenix, AZ.
* Amanda Fantauzzo McCormick, JD 2001, has joined the law firm of Harter, Secrest & Emery LLP as an associate in the litigation group. She will focus her practice on civil litigation, including contractual disputes, Article 78 proceedings, commercial real estate zoning litigation and general negligence defense. McCormick lives in Orchard Park, NY.
Raymond A. Murphy, March 2001, MBA 2001 & BPS 1998, has been appointed project architect at Fontanese Folts Aubrecht Ernst Bammel Architects of East Aurora, NY. He also passed the Architectural Registration Exam administered by the National Council of Architectural Registration Boards, becoming a registered architect in New York State. Murphy resides in Cheektowaga, NY.
Aimie Sarkodie-Mensah, BS 2001, has accepted a position at Altheus in Rye, NY, as a health and performance coach/athletic trainer, and also as a physical education teacher with the Byram Hills Schools in Armonk, NY. She was previously employed in Buffalo with the Catholic Health Systems as a certified athletic trainer and lives in Rye Brook, NY.
Jessica Brown, BS 2002, has been promoted to in-charge senior accountant at the accounting firm of Brock, Schechter and Polakoff. She resides in North Tonawanda, NY.
David Head, MA 2002, a doctoral candidate in history at UB, was awarded a research fellowship by the Gilder Lehrman Institute of American History. Head will conduct research at the library of the New York Historical Society on his project “Pirates, Privateers, and Peaceful Trade: Commercial Legitimacy in the Early American Republic, 1815-1830.” He lives in Grand Island, NY.
Alfonso Milioto, BS 2002 & BA 1998, has been named senior financial analyst at Cooper Compression. Milioto resides in Buffalo, NY.
Timothy P. Dee, MBA 2004, has been appointed to associate commercialization manager for the Office of Science, Technology Transfer and Economic Outreach at UB. He will work with faculty to identify and protect intellectual property arising from their research programs, and will be responsible for developing commercialization opportunities to transfer the technology into the marketplace. Dee lives in South Lockport, NY.
Colleen K. Mattrey, JD 2004 & BA 1998, has joined Damon & Morey LLP as an associate in the firm’s general litigation department. She concentrates her practice on general liability, municipal liability and medical malpractice defense. Mattrey is also the coach/attorney advisor for the Clarence High School mock trial team, and an assistant coach for the UB Law School’s mock trial team. She resides in Kenmore, NY.
* Sharon Brooks, PhD 2005, has been honored with a Black Achievers in Industry Award. She is founder of Brooks Learning Center, whose goal is to prove that all children are capable of learning if properly taught. Brooks lives in Orchard Park, NY.
* Robert O. Davies, PhD 2005, was named vice president for institutional advancement at Indiana University of Pennsylvania in Indiana, PA. Previously, he was associate vice president for alumni relations for the UB Office of Alumni Relations. Davies lives in Indiana.
* Meghan Fadel, BA 2005, has received a grant from the J. William Fulbright Foundation to teach English as a second language in Spain during the 2005-2006 academic year. She will teach in the ancient city of Murcia. Fadel resides in Amherst, NY.
* Timmon Favaro, JD 2005, has joined Cannon Heyman & Weiss LLP, where he will concentrate his practice in the areas of affordable senior and multi-family housing, and commercial and public finance law. He lives in Buffalo, NY.
* Shafiq N. Jalal, MBA 2005, has joined Brisbane Consulting group, a businesses valuation and management consulting firm. In this position, he will be responsible for matrimonial dissolutions, the valuation of closely held businesses, professional licenses and degrees, and forensic accounting. Jalal resides in Williamsville, NY.
* Eliot Reid, JD 2005, has joined Cannon Heyman & Weiss LLP, where he will concentrate his practice in the areas of affordable senior and multi-family housing, commercial and public finance, and corporate law. He lives in Buffalo, NY.
* Kenneth C. Zollitsch, MUP 2005 & BA 2003, has been named planning associate at the Buffalo office of Greenman-Pedersen, an engineering, planning, surveying and construction inspection firm. He resides in Lancaster, NY.
* An asterisk denotes a member of the UB Alumni Association.
E-mail your classnotes to email@example.com.